Tuesday, January 22, 2008

10,000 steps a day

That's what they say you should be walking.

It'd be a miracle if I see 10% of that, so I bought a pedometer to find out.

This combined with my 1200-1500 calorie a day diet should get me close to bikini weight by Easter, I'm hoping at least.




Update: At bedtime I checked the pedometer and it read roughly 5,000 steps. This was after purposefully walking more than I normally would (like parking in the farthest spot, etc.)

No wonder I've not dropped weight like I thought I would. I gotta get movin!

Update 2: I just did a little math with my pedometer, and 10,000 of my steps is equal to about 4.5 miles. I went for a walk this morning, and my pedometer now reads 4102 (3671 of which was aerobic). I need to find a 4 mile walking path!

No comments: