Friday, September 22, 2006

Adventures in Photography

I've taken up a new hobby: photography. I had the equipment; now it's time to learn how to use it. So back to school I went... this time it's continuing ed.

My first homework assignment was textures and lines. Whaddyathink? Posted by Picasa



The picture above is of my neighbor's wall.

The picture on the right is my patio ceiling ... looks rugged doesn't it? I actually received compliments on both of these, so maybe I'm learning how to use this camera after all!





This last picture was taken to demonstrate the rule of thirds.

It ain't the purtiest picture in the world, but what I lack in talent I tried to make up for with humor.

We were also supposed to take pictures of interesting shadows , but I waited too long to take it and it was an overcast day. Oh well. One of these days I'll learn that procrastination does not pay off.

No comments: